If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As an Engineering Lead in the Exteriors team, you will be responsible for defining, developing, and delivering systems that meet vehicle performance requirements. You will be supporting current and future programs. This role requires a high level of interaction within the team and across all other departments to ensure technical requirements are met in a timely, organized, and effective manner and a world class product is developed in the process.
Exterior systems include Bumper Fascia, Side Trim & Moldings, Appliques, Spoiler and Liftgate Trims, Fenders, Underbody, Mirrors and some mechanisms.
- Lead product engineers and CAD designers to design and develop exterior system from concept to production stage.
- Interact with Studio to communicate and drive critical styling decisions and DFM requirements.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to communicate technical requirements.
- Define and develop system performance requirements.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met for global markets.
- Utilize tools at hand; CAE, surrogate data to validate and optimize design.
- Define failure modes and create design validation plans to test and validate system performance and ensure vehicle technical requirements are met. Track and report revisions.
- Ensure system mass and cost targets are met. Track changes and revisions through change management.
- Develop design know how and best practices for design and release for current and future models.
- Support prototype and production builds.
- Support the buyers and participate in the selection process of prototype and production suppliers.
- Collaborate with nominees and nominated suppliers through concept and development stage to communicate technical and program requirements.
- Manage timely release and revisions of components and sub-systems ensuring inputs from all cross functional teams are incorporated in the product development.
- Ensure all craftsmanship requirements are met.
- 10+ years of experience in delivering exterior commodities in the automotive industry.
- Experience in leading engineering teams through development, validation and launch stages.
- Knowledge of Exterior Trim, plastic, Color Material Finish requirements, overall craftsmanship requirements.
- Expertise in GD&T standards. Should be able to do 1D stack analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Design for Manufacturing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with various manufacturing methods and material; injection molding, thermoforming, compression molding, stamping etc.
- Experience in maintaining and managing technical documentations; DFMEA, DVP etc.
- Proven experience of on-time delivery of world class quality exterior commodities.
- Experience in managing multiple activities running concurrently and with full-service suppliers.
- Experience with CATIA V5/V6.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage at executive level.
- Strong work ethics and commitment to engineering excellent products and making data-driven decisions.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in team.
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience.