If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The CAE engineer – Model Build will be responsible for the vehicle CAE model build by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Create and maintain CAE Model for all structural simulations including crash, NVH, durability, closures, and other static and quasi-static simulations.
- Ensure the CAE Model is of high quality and kept up-to-date with the latest released engineering CAD releases and in-house modeling guidelines.
- Follow work plans for major milestone evaluations about CAE model creation and update systems/subsystems models accordingly.
- Facilitate cross-functional work and efficient model sharing between structures design engineers, structures CAE engineers, and CAE engineers for other areas such as aero, thermal, interior, and powertrain.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years in a role with similar responsibilities, or as subsystem CAE lead.
- Highly experienced in CAE model build for Automotive components/subsystems / full vehicles.
- Proficient in HyperWorks suite and ANSA is a must; skills in using Oasys Primer, LS-PrePost, and other CAE pre- and post- processors are highly desired.
- Proficient in explicit/implicit solvers such as LS Dyna / Optistruct / ADAMS and practical understanding for NVH/Durability/Crash simulation is highly desired.
- Script skills including Python and/or HyperWorks TCL/TK
- Deep knowledge of EV and Automotive Structures
- Track record of successful cross-functional teamwork
- Creative mindset with the ability to create practical workaround solutions when necessary
- Open-minded with a desire and aptitude to work in a team environment with individuals having diverse backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.