If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Low Voltage Devices Engineering Manager is responsible for leading LV devices core engineering and LV devices design release engineering teams in design and development of low voltage devices. This position requires a technical oriented individual with the dynamic sense of urgency and communication skills to meet the project needs and development timing. The LV Devices Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring delivery the low voltage devices in line with program timing and budget.
- Work closely with the PM team to establish timing milestones for low voltage devices and target costs at the outset of the vehicle program
- Communicate the goals of the project to LV devices core engineering team and LV devices DRE team to ensure alignment
- Manage LV Devices design and engineering from design concept to production validation ensuring all program milestone deliveries are met
- Calculate and Estimate BOM cost targets and calendarized budget to support LV device development in line with program milestones
- Work with the LV device DREs and the purchasing team to create RFQ and SOWs to further refine quality of financials via supplier engagement and sourcing
- Maintain awareness of engineering and program milestone and PDL changes and update LV device team with directional changes as required
- Create solutions for engineering issues that arise during development and support LV device team with implementation of changes necessary to resolve issues
- Monitor and report technical issues in a timely manner
- Realtime reporting of the status of project issues and concerns
- Review the supplier component DFMEA/PFMEA and lead the LV Devices system DFMEA/PFMEA
- Support all phases of Beta and Gamma builds as needed to ensure smooth launch
- Review the CAD models and drawings for accuracy in support of LV Device releases
- Document product issues, identify RC, develop ICA and PCA in a timely manner to ensure testing and development deadlines can be maintained
- Identify equipment and personnel resources needed to support program deliverables and build an effective team to meet deliverables
- Lead and mentor team members to improve efficiency and proficiency, using lessons learned, best practices and industry expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years Automotive or Aerospace related electromechanical integration engineering
- 5+ years management experience
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of automotive product development
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete projects from ideation, to sourcing to product launch
- Working knowledge of DFMEA and DVP&R
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communications skills, and takes ownership to deliver results
- Experienced in creating and maintaining technical engineering documentation
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a startup and deliver projects on time, at cost and at quality standards that are expected in the automotive space
- Demonstrated organizational and planning experience
- Experience working at automotive supplier or OEM, startup experience a plus
- Experience in CATIA V6 (Part Design, Assembly Design, Generative shape design)
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.