Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As a core member of the Systems Engineering team, the Functional Integration lead helps bring advanced concepts to life, solves broad technical problems, and supports the test vehicle fleet. This role works with design responsible engineers, test and validation engineers, and the design team to build concept and prototype vehicles and to remove barriers in the development and test process.
- Be a primary resource to build, modify, and troubleshoot test vehicles and concept cars. Be responsible for assessing feasibility and safety of tests, modifications, repairs, etc.
- Be a secondary resource for problem solving related to component and system test programs
- May be asked to analyze problems or propose improvements to test systems
- Participate in system requirements development activities from concept to implementation, focusing on cases where help is needed to conceptualize, benchmark, or collect data for a feature and its requirements
- Support development and design-release engineers to ensure that parts and systems will work together and that requirements are correct and complete. Design tests, collect data, and research fundamentals and market solution
- Work with manufacturing and service teams to plan and specify features supporting use cases related to vehicle build and maintenance
- Assist with network architecture, ISO26262 safety process, low voltage harness design, and similar tasks as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of electric vehicle software and systems, vehicle communication systems, vehicle 12v power systems, and theory and practice of embedded software development in C/C++, Matlab+Simulink, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on troubleshooting experience
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- BS in a relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring engineering technical excellence
- Motorsport or prototype vehicle experience is a plus
- General office work
- Ability to work in a vehicle shop
- Ability to maneuver in and around vehicles
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.