Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to everyone. We have assembled the most experienced leadership team, most creative designers and most revolutionary engineers in the EV space to accomplish that mission. Canoo is a well-funded, fast-paced start-up and we are rapidly growing our team to swiftly bring our vehicles to market and change the way people think about mobility.
About the Corporate Development Team
- Canoo’s Corporate Development team takes a multi-disciplinary approach, utilizing skills across strategy, technology, auto, and finance to drive the company’s most important projects forward that will ultimately determine our success.
- We have a small team that reports directly to the Chairman and CEO. This structure presents an opportunity for significant impact and exposure to Canoo’s senior leadership across the firm’s functional areas.
- We are problem identifiers and problem solvers, leveraging all our available resources to get better every day.
- The Corporate Development Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Development and play a key role in managing team initiatives and pushing key company strategic initiatives forward.
- The ideal candidate enjoys understanding and solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You will need to quickly come up to speed on a range of potential transactions, including mergers and acquisitions as well as complex commercial relationships. This role requires a strategic mindset, as well as exemplary analytical, financial, and communications skills.
- You will need the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and take initiative to put those skills to work.
- Gather and analyze competitive and industry analysis to stay informed on critical industry trends and develop our strategy
- Directly support the most senior levels of the company, including the CEO, with important and time-sensitive projects
- Evaluate potential acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and investment opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Develop detailed financial models, valuation scenarios, and recommendations for potential transactions
- Develop insightful analysis of key industry trends, emerging areas of opportunity, and the competitive and regulatory landscapes and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Work with business and product teams to understand their roadmaps and needs to help inform deal sourcing and priorities
- Lead deal execution, including cross-functional diligence, integration planning, documentation, and implementation
- Distill complex diligence findings and investment cases into clear, compelling presentations and other communications for review by senior executives and the Board of Directors
- Work in an energetic, new facility in the DFW area where intelligent, friendly, and hard-working team members come together
- 5+ years of corporate development, investment banking, private equity, and/or management consulting experience (technology or auto company experience preferred)
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to present concepts, recommendations, and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Exceptional judgment and very high standards for work product and integrity of thought
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience originating and driving deal processes and diligence, including interaction with counterparties and advisers, for a wide variety of transactions
- Ability to build and maintain a network of senior-level relationships externally and internally to facilitate deal sourcing and prioritization
- Experience aligning and driving cross-functional teams
- Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills; must be able to define and execute key analyses with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Strategic thinker, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and is driven by new challenges
- Passion for learning and relentless improvement
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Dallas
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.