If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Director, Manufacturing Area Lead – Paint Shop, will facilitate the safety, quality, productivity, cost, morale, and production goals of the Canoo Vehicle Program, specific to their respective departments. The Director, Manufacturing Area Leader is the face, voice, and heart of Canoo Manufacturing shops in the program. The Area Leader must assure the feasibility of the products and processes, assure all standards, and build of the products in trial and series production. Holds responsibility from launch through to the long-term capacity of the shop. The Area Leader supports their shift leaders, group leaders, team leaders, and team members, as they create the capacity of the total production process. Safely built, high quality products must be handed over to the downstream department, and ultimately to their sales counterparts in the necessary quantities and in accordance with the volume plans.
- Ensure the Department/Shop can achieve the production targets, by creating, implementing, and supporting the entire Manufacturing organization
- Oversee compliance with the conditions (process safety, quality, quantities, efficiency, cost, and morale)
- Representation of the Department/Shop, with regard to production in the relevant committees
- Adhere to defined budget within the functional Canoo management tasks
- Ensure the manufacturing capability of the plants
- Target-oriented planning, implementation, introduction of production processes and production initiatives
- Assure target achievement for production-relevant goals (deadlines, safety, quality and content, efficiencies, costs, team morale, and process reliability
- Planning, monitoring, controlling and assuring the execution of work packages in terms of performance, capacities, costs, deadlines and quality
- Development of an operating structure and process plan (work packages, deadlines, etc.) together with the Manufacturing PMO, as well as agreement of targets within the project organization, all in accordance with the production system
- Analyze target and actual data during the course of the project and identification of needs for action, and proposed solutions to reach the targets
- Actively support the Process and Platform Leads, as they create the foundations of the volume planning
- Introduction of production concerns into the project or other functional areas in the project (development support and other areas).
- Active participation in the master issues list and subsequent countermeasures. The Department Leader is an active participant in the success of launch planning, rather than a receiver of services and products.
- Coordination of issues within and between the Manufacturing plants
- As a member of committees representing Manufacturing Operation’s interests
- Regular information to the ME team, the Facilities teams, and the Platform Project Lead, about the status of the project work
- Implement project goals by means of target agreements within Manufacturing, as well as all functional departments within Canoo
- Initiate personal development and qualification together with others in Manufacturing and all functional groups
- Define work objectives and review results
- Assure development and qualification of employees regarding production and project work
- Professional management of the production contact persons from the departments (including development)
- Equipment and processes must be ready for production, properly prepared for idle time, and maintained to the highest standards.
- All procedures and methods should comply with the shop manufacturing and safety standards for each system Support all shops assurance for all tools, devices, fixtures, and production aids
- Be aware and conduct daily briefings with the Manufacturing Engineering Leads
- Competencies in finance, business, economics, supply chain, operations & technology or equivalent five years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis, work measurement, and process analysis
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects
- Demonstrated work-ethic, initiative, and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in necessary tools (hardware and software)
- Frequent travel between manufacturing, business, and supplier sites, including overnight
- Confident decision making
- Team supervision or leadership experience also preferred
- Previous problems and countermeasures
- Company, plant, departmental, area, and team updates and events
- Maintain open communication, and review open issues
- Support standard checks of safety items in the entire operation’s area of control which includes inside and outside of the plant, the company grounds, and the surrounding communities
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.