If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - BIW will work closely with Design Engineering in the early development of the product and ensuring the manufacturing feasibility.
The role of the AME will also work closely with the process integrators and contract Manufactures in implementing process into manufacturing facilities to ensure product quality and performance.
- Supports the design, development and validation of new equipment and Manufacturing process.
- Develops/releases successful projects and manufacturing methods.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization with the contract manufacturing partner.
- Purchases/arranges production equipment, material, and parts based on product specifications.
- Develops/implements product quality standards, and estimate resources requirements, workload assignments, production cycle time and planning schedule for manufacturing process while also developing budgets for product manufacturing and updating process.
- Runs feasibility simulations using Catia Software to evaluate tools accessibility also, to generate virtual build process and create virtual library for different weld guns used to run feasibility studies.
- Works with the dimensional engineers to ensure product GD&T capability.
- Works with engineering and manufacturing teams to establish strategic tactical priorities and key objectives, and monitor organization performance.
Requirement and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5-7 years in BIW in Automotive industry, stamping knowledge is preferable
- 2-5 years’ experience in design, development and production
- 3+ experience in using Catia Software
- 3+ capability to conduct feasibility simulation and run virtual build Strong DFMEA, PFMEA, GD&T process Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Weld gun selection
- Knowledge in Perform and create operator risk analysis studies
- Knowledge in robots
- Significant project management experience
- Experience with driving technical supplier and working with integrators
- Knowledge in Machine Design
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.