If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Vehicle Integration Engineer will be responsible for the physical package of our cutting edge electric vehicles here at Canoo. You will implement design reviews, CAD design, data analysis, and PLM tools to ensure delivery of a high-quality vehicle. You will be expected to lead cross-functional teams of engineers and provide direction on topics as focused as part design, and as broad as vehicle-level principles or engineering best practices, and everything in between.
- Be the head of physical integration of components into the vehicle
- The scope of the role will include projects at any stage of a program lifecycle (series production, prototype, etc.) as well as non-program specific development
- Be the voice of the whole vehicle, balancing needs and concerns from all stakeholders as well as vehicle-level considerations (safety, NVH, ergonomics, electrical performance, design, thermal performance, water and dirt management, cost, mass, etc.)
- Organize and lead vehicle-wide and zone-specific design reviews
- Generate concerns in issue management software (JIRA) and track them through to completion
- Interface with all engineering and business groups within Canoo (Design, vehicle attributes, UI/UX, Studio Engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.)
- Develop and deploy release, change management, configuration, issue tracking, or other PLM-related processes - then train users on said processes and troubleshoot any issues
- Develop and execute new reporting methods for vehicle- level metrics or key performance indicators
- Administer and process clash checks, release reviews, engineering change requests, and any other PLM-related process
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Over 10 years of experience in the automotive or aerospace industries
- Experience leading vehicle, or zone-level design reviews and packaging studies
- A deep understanding of the core principles of one or more automotive commodities
- Experience with designing and releasing parts
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have developed, from cradle to grave, parts or technologies
- Experience with CATIA V5 (V6 preferred)
- Experience creating CAD of parts and interfacing with neighboring components in assemblies
- Experience creating 2D drawings
- Have knowledge of automotive product development, including creating requirements, DVPs, DFMEA, GD&T, component and vehicle testing, and other fundamental system engineering standards
- Has demonstrated the ability to get projects complete from ideation, to sourcing to product launches
- Has demonstrated the knowledge of manufacturing processes pertaining to commercial or passenger vehicles
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a start-up and deliver projects on time, at cost, and at quality standards that are expected in the automotive space
- Exceptional awareness of financial and commercial considerations
- PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products
- Team building and mentoring experience
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.