Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As a Motion Planning Engineer, you will develop and maintain software for vehicle perception using various sensor input devices including Cameras, LIDAR, RADAR, ultrasonic, GPS, IMU and others on Vehicle CAN. You will be responsible for various planning tasks such as spatially optimization for vehicle for obstacle avoidance, speed profile generation, decision makers for lane change, lane keep, traffic sign response, speed limit change etc.
- Develop Motion planning algorithms for spatial and temporal position targets with velocity profiles using the understanding of the environmental model
- Develop and design decision makers to control the vehicle in different scenarios
- Research, design, simulate, specify, implement, debug, and test control and estimation algorithms for autonomous driving applications
- Develop, maintain and deliver quality control software for ADAS features
- Develop unit test cases and simulation test cases for validation of developed software in compliance to ISO26262
- Work collaboratively with responsible electrical, mechanical, and firmware engineers to define sensing requirements, establish control system capabilities, and set targets
- Advance Canoo IP in control systems
- MS/PhD in ME, EE, Controls Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 Years of experience in automotive industry deploying control algorithms for ADAS applications
- Familiarity with classical control theory, optimal controls, observers, regulators, state space, dynamic and kinematic models
- Demonstrate performance in a position requiring engineering technical excellence
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- High level of interpersonal skills, Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, Python
- Model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink
- Worked with optimization algorithm to find optimal paths with multi objective cost optimization
- Familiarity with convex optimizations, iterative optimizations and cost function minimization algorithms
- Experience in robotics research in motion planning and path optimization
- Experience, understanding, and intuition for the spatial and temporal optimization for position and velocity of vehicle
- Experience in designing decision makers for autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with kinematic and dynamic models for vehicle motion
- Professional experience in embedded software and hardware integration for complex electronic devices
- Experience in Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience in automotive network protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Familiar with Operating Systems concepts AUTOSAR, embedded Linux, functional safety, ISO 26262
- Experience with automotive electronic modules and sensors
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.