If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are seeking a seasoned Director of SEC Reporting to join our Accounting team. This role requires an aptitude for thought leadership who will help build a capable team with responsibility for SEC and oversight of external and internal financial reporting and collaborate with the accounting team on technical accounting matters.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP
- Compliance and review of the XBRL process
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments
- Coordinate with affiliates to aggregate monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial information, including leading pre-close meetings with affiliates to identify and resolve complex accounting matters
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year-end consolidation process, including the review of journal entries and coordinate with other business stakeholders to aggregate financial information
- Participate in the reviews of the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports
- Assist in the preparation of various internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts
- Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the consolidation process
- Work as part of a cross-functional team charged with governance of the Oracle and other accounting and reporting systems
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting
- The candidate should have strong leadership, decision making and technical skills
- 7+ years of experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm or industry equivalent, including significant SEC experience with companies
- Prior work with startup companies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and experience researching technical accounting topics
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.