Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
- Responsible for the overall design and development of the complete Hard Trim Systems for Canoo current and future programs
- Establish Hard Trim system architecture and functional feasibility
- Participate in iterative process with Canoo styling studio to deliver optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design
- Conduct supplier meetings to ensure product design integrity and conformance to the statement of the requirements to meet vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Responsible for design releases/signoff
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Canoo Vehicle Integration, Studio, Body, Restraints, Thermal, Interior and Manufacturing to ensure Hard Trim System manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Develop and manage system, subsystem, and component information through the Catia V6 environment
- Achieve customer driven (end user) system targets for luxury, function, cost and weight
- Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program
- Responsible for technical documentation to include Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS) or Component Technical Specifications (CTS), Functional requirments, Boundary & P-Diagrams, Interface Matrix, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s, ISO26262
- Manage, lead, and mentor a small team of Interior Engineers and CAD designers in line with program deliverables
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree is a plus)
- 12+ years’ experience in automotive engineering
- 6+ years of firsthand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching Interior systems into Production
- Strong understanding of the requirements of Hard Trim systems – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Great attitude, and aptitude for quick accurate problem solving
- Full cradle-to-grave, prior PPAP, and program launch experience
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.