If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Program Manager will effectively organize and drive programs and activities to support meeting company milestones. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure requirements are met in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Manage cross-functional software programs from end-to-end, covering a range of areas including powertrain/chassis/body firmware, server systems software, software/firmware platforms, and coordination with mechanical/electrical hardware teams.
- Develop and manage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively coordinate complex design inter-dependencies.
- Finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources
- Monitor budgetary and CAPX spend
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify the success criteria of the project
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, and deliver results
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables, keep project plans up to date, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks
- Track and manage change requests to scope
- Hands-on and be able to work directly with nominated Suppliers in ensuring key deliverables/milestones are met
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders/suppliers. Maintain Open Issues lists and ensures effective and on time closure of such issues.
- Create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience in delivering complex projects in automotive or engineering industries.
- Experience managing end-to-end product deployment — from concept through development and successful launch.
- Prior software or systems engineering experience with proficiency in coding.
- Experience building, developing, and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships.
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage at executive level.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Hands-on interest in developing a real-world product from concept to production stages.
- Passionate about the automotive industry.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.