If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Design Release Engineer will help take various components from concept phase, through testing and into production. They must be able to work with suppliers and fellow team members to complete the program. They should be able to think creatively to resolve problems as they arise.
- Design and develop battery system components
- Own specifications and requirements for parts, to ensure product is delivered as intended
- Work with suppliers to get products made and delivered on time
- Support integration of components into prototype and production systems
- Responsible for DFMEA for components
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of DRE experience, automotive industry preferred
- CATIA v6 required
- Prior experience working with batteries
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.