Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As an Autonomous Driving Engineer, you would be responsible for developing CV/DL algorithms using machine learning approaches, including deep learning neural network. Implement autonomous driving software features in vehicle ECUs. Design and implement computer vision-based and deep learning-based lane detection algorithms.
- Develop object detection and classification algorithms
- Develop sensor fusion for higher fidelity localization and path planning
- Develop convolutional neural network-based computer vision algorithms and 3d point clouds networks like voxelNet for object detection
- Perform rapid prototyping and integrate autonomous driving features into vehicle test fleet
- Develop pipelines to augment our data collection using traditional CV techniques such as 3d reconstruction and structure from motion
- Organize and augment labelled dataset and collaborate with labelling companies
- Develop unit tests and integration tests
- Develop, support, and maintain Lidar pipeline
- Develop algorithms using low-level vehicle integration communication protocols
- Perform Cuda programming
- Experience developing algorithms utilizing machine learning approaches
- Experience with convolutional neural networks
- Experience with machine learning modeling
- 2 years of experience using ROS based self driving car sensor fusion platform
- 2 years of experience using Linux, C/C++, Python and Cuda
- 2 years of experience with computer vision, including feature extraction, classification, object detection, Keras/Tensorflow, and MxNet
- 2 years of experience with state-of-the-art CNN architectures on localization and segmentation
- 2 years of experience implementing standard AD feature sets, including AEB, ACC and Lane Centering
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Background with object detection/tracking, sensor fusion, and time synchronization
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks
- Experience in computer vision, face recognition, facial key points detection, structure from motion, Multiview geometry
- Experience writing software for real-time embedded systems with GPU
- Experience with deep neural network training and optimization in leading frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- Experience in developing software for automobile industry
- Examples of your work such as open source projects and top conference or journal publications
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.