If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Electromechanical Integration Engineer will create mechanical vehicle integration solutions for electromechanical components such as speakers, antennas, low voltage outlets, and external sounders.
- Work closely with the infotainment and low voltage electronics team to understand the specific requirements for optimal integration and mounting of electromechanical components
- Lead cross-functional collaborations with BIW, interiors, exteriors, closures, platform, design EE and other vehicle teams as needed to develop an efficient integration strategy for electromechanical components to meet all system requirements
- Support cross-functional teams to provide solutions to integration issues as needed to ensure vehicle attributes and timing are maintained
- Ensure all electromechanical integrations meet Canoo DFM, DFS and quality standards
- Maintain all part attributes in Catia V6/3Dexperience for infotainment electromechanical components to ensure they comply to Canoo standards and system weight targets
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis for electromechanical components and mounting solutions to ensure they meet the vehicle requirements for strength, durability, and stiffness
- Provide the infotainment design release engineers with 3D and 2D data to support supplier engagement, product development and release deadlines
- Develop and maintain GD&T for electromechanical components and supporting mounting features. Guide infotainment component suppliers with GD&T implementation when needed
- Work with commercial teams (Programs, Supply Chain) to source components from suppliers such that cost targets and schedules are met to ensure compliance to overall company goals
- Be the mechanical point of contact between electromechanical suppliers for integration responsible components
- Lead part release for electromechanical components and supporting mounting brackets, ensuring that all Canoo design targets are met
- Support in the development of detailed DFMEA and DVP&R, leading the documentation for mechanical integration
- Work with Canoo test team and supplier testing team to ensure successful testing per DVP
- Support all phases of Beta and Gamma builds as needed to ensure smooth launch
- Document product issues, identify RC, develop ICA and PCA in a timely manner to ensure testing and development deadlines can be maintained
- 5+ year of experience with CATIA V5 or V6 (V6 preferred) - additional experience using SolidWorks or related CAD tool is a plus
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering with 2+ years of automotive experience
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- Experience using analysis software such as Altaire Inspire preferred
- Experience with vehicle integration of electronic components and electromechanical devices
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communications skills and take ownership to deliver results
- Demonstrated organizational and planning experience
- Experienced in creating and maintaining technical engineering documentation
- Fundamental understanding of electronics, mechanical, and UI/UX considerations
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.