If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are seeking experienced engineers that will support the integration of our cloud infrastructure and APIs with internally facing mobile, web, and vehicle clients.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for owning and organizing the interfaces for our backend services. You will design new APIs, modify existing APIs, and create or change services to provide a highly scalable data transport layer. You will revise and manage API documentation so that other teams can use your services with ease.
Your day to day will include writing software that powers our vehicle-to-mobile communications architectures, fleet management systems, subscriptions and payments platform, user data management system, or other areas that sit in between the end user’s mobile device and the car.
Since you will collaborate directly with embedded, design, and product teams that help create the shared vision for our product, you will have an opportunity to heavily influence functionality related to our vehicle. You will directly work on mobile application and web/back end services that define our product.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
· Is laser focused on doing what is best for the user
· Is organized and understands the big picture for how services interact and fit together
· Is familiar and comfortable with working on large and complex cloud projects in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrates exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
· Has robust planning and execution skills and feels comfortable making decisions even with vague constraints
· Has previous start up experience in a high-performance environment, is flexible, and has a strong ability to adapt to change
· Prior experience designing APIs, architecting data interfaces, and creating great documentation
· Strong experience designing and developing back end APIs, communications layers, interfaces and database structures
· Is aware of and can follow industry standard practices surrounding user data retention, security, and safety.
· Experience with the Serverless Framework, AWS CloudFormation, or similar infrastructure provisioning tools
· Experience with TypeScript
Benefits of working at Canoo:
· Four months paid primary care giver leave
· Flexible PTO
· Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
· Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
· Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
· A world-class team
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.