Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
We are seeking deeply experienced engineers that will support the creation of the infrastructure that powers our web, mobile, and in-vehicle applications.
- Responsible for engineering back-end cloud services
- Day-to-day work on our vehicle-to-mobile communications architectures and APIs, fleet management systems, subscriptions and payments platform, user data management system, or other areas that sit in between the end user’s mobile device and the car
- Collaborate directly with embedded, design, and product teams that help create the shared vision for our product
- Heavily influence functionality related to our vehicle
- Work directly on mobile application and web/back end services that define our product
- 5+ years of experience delivering scalable, serverless applications on services like AWS with an IoT focus
- Prior experience developing large, distributed, and robust software systems in the cloud
- Prior experience working on deployment, and management of these large systems and services
- Strong experience designing and developing back end APIs, communications layers, interfaces and database structures
- Is aware of and can follow industry standard practices surrounding user data retention, security, and safety.
- Experience with the Serverless Framework, AWS CloudFormation, or similar infrastructure provisioning tools
- Experience with TypeScript
- Is laser focused on doing what is best for the user
- Is organized and understands the big picture for how services interact and fit together
- Is familiar and comfortable with working on large and complex cloud projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Has robust planning and execution skills and feels comfortable making decisions even with vague constraints
- Has previous start up experience in a high-performance environment, is flexible, and has a strong ability to adapt to change
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Work in a high-growth start-up company that will redefine urban mobility
- Be part of an inspirational, energetic, collaborative, authentic, and diverse environment
- Participate in excellent benefits and a flexible PTO policy
- Participate in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Enjoy a casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.