Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
- Aggressively pursue vehicle procurement opportunities/sales and early order commitments and RFQ’s by calling on national, state, and local government offices
- Responsible for communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process; able to close sales and meet targets
- Enjoys the challenge of meeting sales quotas and KPI's, comfortable utilizing CRM and other tools to report to management.
- Takes a consultative approach to selling by actively listening to the customer, understanding their needs, and selling solutions to their problems
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and communication from the initial call through vehicle build and delivery
- Prior vehicle sales or account management experience in a B2B environment preferred, transportation or industrial experience helpful
- Minimum 8 years experience in sales, sales management and/or sales operations, account management, sales training, business development
- Minimum 5 years experience selling to government entities and responding to RFQ’s
- Bachelor's degree
- Passionate about the product, team success, and open-minded and self-reflecting
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills
- Detail-oriented and highly precise
- Flexible, proactive, attentive to details, demonstrating strong critical thinking, common sense, and innovation
- Willingness to learn new and innovative automotive technologies
- Desire to grow in an ambitious, team-oriented organization
- Hard-working and want to have fun at work
- Great organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proven ability with relationships and contacts at the national, state, local government procurement offices.
- Proven history of achievement in winning state/government contracts
- Consistently beating quotas
- Deep experience and comfort with hunting, prospecting, and closing selling motions with large corporate clients
- Candidate demonstrates a high energy and high orientation toward action and bias to execution
- Effectively translates targets to specific actions – consistently utilizing best sales practices to achieve results
- Demonstrates clear understanding of consultative and value-based sales methods and has sold in a similar system
- Understands the challenges of selling to executive and operations staff in medium and large corporates
- Has strong knowledge of the automotive industry, fleet/leasing/finance vehicle customers including workflows
- Can demonstrate ability to articulate financial concepts and ROI needed for selling vehicles at the commercial level
- Inspirational, hands-on who clients perceive as a trusted resource who is focused on delivering
- Demonstrates a customer-first mindset in collaboratively achieving targets
- Has a high performance mentality and relentless in managing client/customer success
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.