Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As a key member of the Electrical Systems Engineering team, the Low Voltage ECAD Database Expert is responsible to help define, create, maintain, and iterate the fundamental building blocks of the wire harness electrical distribution system. This includes devices, components, symbols wires, connectors, and more.
- Own library and symbol components of the Mentor Graphics database: this includes connectors, wires, symbols, and other fundamental electrical building blocks
- Collaborate with the LV electrical team as library/database needs change through vehicle development phases
- Assist in maintaining project, model, and optioning aspects of the electrical design
- Aid in the definition and design of electrical diagram style sets for different use cases
- As needed electrical device DT/ICD data input and maintenance
- Aid in evaluating and implementing changes to Canoo’s electrical development process
- Wire harness component part selection (connectors, terminals, wire, specialty cable assemblies, relays, splices, fuses, etc.)
- Occasional hands-on testing, installation, and validation of prototype vehicle wire harnesses may be required
- Communicate issues clearly and constructively with the rest of the organization
- Fundamental knowledge of automotive 12v electrical systems
- Highly experienced with Mentor Graphics tools:
- Proficient creating and maintaining components in Capital Symbol and Capital Library
- Experience using Capital Devices, Capital Project, Capital Logic, Capital Integrator, Capital Harness XC preferred
- Experience creating and maintaining projects, style sets, and enterprise settings using Capital Project
- Experience using Mentor Graphics generative flow is a plus
- Experience creating and maintaining projects, options, and variants is a plus
- Experience with collaborative productivity/workflow management tools, such as Jira and Polarion
- Highly self-organized with the ability to organize workflow, track issues to closure, and report out status of progress on multiple programs in different phases of development
- A keen eye for identifying process, cost, and design improvements with a demonstrated ability of implementing corrective changes
- Experience interpreting component specifications (e.g. SAE, USCAR, etc.)
- Hands on automotive electrical troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Catia V6/3DExperience using the electrical design and schematics workbenches is a plus
- BS in a relevant engineering discipline
- High level of oral and written communication skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.