If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
CAE engineer – Vehicle Durability / Battery System will be responsible for the vehicle/battery system durability simulations by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Utilize CAE techniques with component system and full vehicle models to assess performance in Durability, Stiffness, and Strength attributes for full EV structure / Battery systems.
- Optimize mass for vehicle systems including BIW / Closures / Powertrain and Chassis
- Build and maintain the vehicle durability model
- Post-process analysis results and make design recommendation to multi-disciplinary teams
- Support component, sub-systems, and vehicle testing to correlate CAE models
- Collaborate with suppliers/test vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of CAE models
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of CAE durability analysis experience in the automotive industry or equivalent
- Highly skilled in “hands-on” CAE model development using HyperMesh / ANSA
- Expert in linear / non-linear FE solvers such as NASTRAN / Optistruct / ABAQUS / LS-Dyna
- Practical experience in fatigue calculation tools such as nCode / FeSafe. Random Vibration analysis experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of solid mechanics and materials. Material characterization experience is a plus.
- Experience with Battery structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred.
- Practical understanding of the Battery system structural requirements such as SAE-J2380 is preferred.
- Experience with other disciplines in the vehicle structural analysis, including Crash / NVH / Powertrain, is highly preferred.
- Structural Optimization experience in Topology / Size / Shape optimization using Optistruct / Genesis is highly preferred.
- Experience in durability test planning for vehicle level tests such as 4-poster / RLDA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis results in a tight schedule within a collaborative team environment
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.