Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Manage and maintain the conformance of the materials and components on Canoo’s Electric Vehicles to all global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations. Requires end-to-end accountability from research and tracking of applicable global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, evaluating and maintaining Materials Compliance from design to launch, managing Compliance Bill of Materials (BOM) and Databases, through the delivery of Materials Compliance documentation and certification at Component and Vehicle levels for mass production.
- Research and track applicable global and regional Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, Directives, Acts, Initiatives and Policies, such as US EPA Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Congo Conflict Minerals Act, California Proposition 65, Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), Canada Chemicals Management Plan (CMP), European Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive, Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), Batteries Directive , Reusability, Recyclability and Recoverability (RRR) Directive, Biocidal Products Regulation, Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation, and End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Directive
- Monitor the development of and research any new global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, and any updates in the existing Regulations
- Develop and maintain a Global Restricted Materials Management Standard (RMMS) and other Sustainability standards and specifications
- Lead and train Canoo Cross-Functional Teams on Design for Materials Compliance.
- Guide and train suppliers on Materials Compliance and Reporting Requirements and Processes, and accurate and on-time reporting/declaration
- Oversee evaluation of data reported by suppliers and the analysis of all materials declarations of all parts in Vehicle BOM, verify compliance, confirm disposition (approve, reject, or plan Phasing-out) of the materials submitted, roll up through the Vehicle BOM to validate Vehicle Compliance to the Materials Regulations
- Prepare Compliance documentation and analytics reports, certify Vehicle Program for mass production if compliant
- Manage Canoo’s reporting to Government Agencies as required
- Review and approve analyses of Reuse, Recyclability and Recoverability Rates, and prepare Environmental Quality and Sustainability Reports
- Evaluate and approve/reject Non-Production Materials
- Manage Compliant Materials Lists for both Production and Non-Production Materials
- MS in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experiences in Materials Compliance management for Automotive OEM
- Project Management and Team Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, Directives, Acts, Initiatives and Policies
- Proficient in Automotive Materials Reporting Platform such as International Material Data System (IMDS)
- Knowledge in Vehicle BOM, PLM (3D EXPERIENCE Platform) and ERP
- Highly skilled in Analytics Tools and/or Computer Programming, Expert-Level in at least one Tool required
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with Cross-Functional Teams effectively and multi-tasking efficiently, with high level of accountability and minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to learn new technologies and tools
- Excellent technical writing capability, and exceptional communication & interpersonal
- Effective problem-solving skills and experience in JIRA
- Requires strong communication skills to effectively disseminate materials expertise, lead multifunctional teams, and convey technical information to engineers and non-technical people
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.