Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
As Market Research Analyst, you will keep senior management up-to-date with competitive product research and track industry trends with a focus on delivering actionable insights to the go-to-market and customer journey teams. As a member of a team that touches every part of the company, you will work on a wide range of high-visibility market research projects supporting strategic direction, product development, marketing efforts, and customer experience.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional analytical and project management skills and an unwavering commitment to doing excellent work. Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies is critical to success in this role. As a partner to teams across Canoo, you must be a compelling communicator who rapidly builds trusted relationships. The ideal candidate will thrive in a lean, fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Head of Strategic Volume Planning and Pricing Strategy.
- Collaborate closely with internal partners to identify and prioritize opportunities where research can support go-to-market, customer journey, and communications strategy
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize available data and research as requested; prepare succinct reports for senior management to support strategic decision-making
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research, track industry trends, and proactively make strategic recommendations
- Lead all aspects of research strategy, including managing engagements with research agencies, meeting with cross-functional partners, scoping projects, choosing methodologies, creating and executing research plans, cleaning and analyzing data, synthesizing findings into meaningful themes, and writing actionable, impactful reports
- Continuously streamline and improve research and knowledge management efforts, such as building question banks, managing databases, and designing ways to automate analysis and reporting
- Champion research innovation and operational excellence; proactively seek out and recommend potential process improvements and new research providers
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Economics, Statistics, Market Research or related disciplines
- 3-5+ years conducting qualitative and quantitative primary research in an insights or market research role
- 2+ years of the automotive industry experience
- Track record of independently leading market research projects, including tracking, evaluating, and sizing market opportunities, trends, and competitive dynamics
- Experience with brand and advertising research, positioning, message development and optimization, value proposition development, and communications checks
- Highly motivated, collaborative attitude; ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, marketing, finance and corporate development
- Excellent written, analytical, and strategic thinking skills; detail-oriented mindset
- Experience in customer analysis skills, including discussion guide creation, survey design, and consumer choice exercises (conjoint, max diff)
- Experience with automotive market research tools, such as JATO, J.D. Power, etc.
- Experience using with data analysis tools such as Qualtrics, Python, R, SPSS, etc.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.