If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
You are the voice of the customer, all customers – you need to make sure our products are fantastic for everyone. You will work directly with the design and engineering teams to ensure human-machine interfaces are accounted for in every facet of the product, enabling our product lines to be leaders in usability and comfort. The successful candidate will be energetic, have a passion for good design and HMI, and be an excellent communicator.
- Define the hardware and software HMI needs and requirements of one vehicle program and collaborate with others to ensure these needs are met
- Apply excellent in-depth problem-solving skills from a user-centric approach
- Define product extensions, improvements, and modifications in collaboration with, attribute owners, project managers, and engineers
- Turn customer problems into actionable designs embodying the highest level of user experience excellence
- Correlate with studio engineering, design engineering, and vehicle attribute teams to generate, catalog, and implement within the design human factors requirements for all aspects of the vehicle, including but not limited to HMI, Cockpit Layout, Visibility, Ingress/Egress, Seating, Clearances, Cargo, etc.
- Communicate requirements to the design and engineering teams, working with both to maintain the design theme while ensuring a highly usable product
- Design, develop and utilize physical and virtual prototypes to aid in validating both human factors criteria and product design, including the use of virtual human modeling where appropriate
- Collaborate with product planning and marketing teams to conduct user clinics in order to define product needs
- Benchmark as well as utilizing existing benchmarking tools (JD Power/A2Mac1) to ensure we are leaders in competitive class
- Research relevant trends and stay abreast of developments in the automotive HMI field
- 10+ Years working with an OEM within Human Factors (time spent within similar fields such as Studio Engineering can be counted)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Product Design or Similar field courses/units/modules with Ergonomics, Human Factors, Physiology, Biomechanics, Human Kinetics, Psychology, Cognitive Ergonomics, HMI preferred
- Able to administer human factors tests, work with and modify physical mock-ups, familiar with a lab environment, and test instrumentation
- Excellent presentation skills – great communicator both spoken and written
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.