If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Seeking a full-time Automotive Fabricator, Welder, Mechanics position for a talented entry level fabricator with experience in motorsport and/or custom car metal fabrication to join the Canoo Prototype EV (Electric Vehicle) build team located in Justin, TX. This team will build unique one-off custom EV prototypes with a talented team of professionals. The ideal candidate should have a passion for building high-quality custom/race cars, EV Conversions, or OEM Prototype vehicles.
We are developing breakthrough EVs, reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies tradition to put staff and customers first.
Please apply if you have an absolute passion for design and for pushing the automotive industry to where the EV revolution will allow it to go.
- • You will be part of a team working on the fabrication of one-off prototype EV’s. This position is for an entry metal fabricator, welder, or mechanic who has any combination of the below skills, and the desire to learn.
- • Fabrication of automotive chassis & suspension systems, sheet metal shaping, forming & fabrication, MIG & TIG welding, manual machining, and mechanical assembly.
- • Entire vehicle mechanical assembly, repair, and troubleshooting of vehicles as a mechanic/auto technician (EV Experience preferred)
- • Must have a positive attitude, be an effective communicator and a problem solver with the ability to produce creative solutions, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- • Be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work effectively unattended and in a team-based environment.
- • Must be able to follow precise work instructions, maintain accountability, effectively handle multiple priorities, and organize their workload to meet deadlines.
- • Be a clean and organized worker who maintains overall shop cleanliness and follows safe work practices.
- • A detail-oriented individual who strives to produce meticulous quality work and continually work to improve their craft.
Be willing to travel to support special vehicle projects, including Canoo HQ in Torrance CA.
- • All tools and equipment will be provided.
- • Have automotive fabrication & welding experience including chassis, suspension, and body fabrication etc.
- • Possess automotive knowledge and have hands-on experience working on custom cars & trucks, race cars, motorcycles, etc.
- • Skills as an automotive technician with ability to repair and service automobiles, and/or previous experience as a mechanic (EV Experience preferred).
- • Consistent, precise high quality MIG & TIG Welding skills.
- • Manual Machining - Mill and Lathe work.
- • Familiar with operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
- • Sheetmetal body fabrication with English wheels, power hammers, bead rollers, and other related equipment.
- • Familiarity with conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- • Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to express ideas concisely.
- • Experienced CAD User (preferably Catia V6 or SolidWorks).
- • Engineering and/or vehicle design experience to design parts for prototype projects.
- • Show car building and/or fabrication work experience in the OEM automotive industry.
- • Understanding & Trouble shooting of vehicle electrical systems, 12V vehicle wiring, and high-voltage systems (EV experience preferred).
- • Vehicle diagnostics
- • Ability to interpret vehicle manuals, design specifications, SAE & Metric drawings.
- • Basic understanding and use of the MS Office Suite.
- • Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
keyword search: fabricator tig welder machinist mechanic auto automotive car restoration modification custom motorsports auto-technician race car