Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Canoo IT Department is looking for a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Architect who will work with the Director of IT Design to Build. This will include the development of technology objectives, overseeing PLM objectives, long-range and strategy plans, and identification of the organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
You’ll work directly with the team in our Justin, TX office and collaborate with leaders across a wide range of functions including sales, marketing, post sales, product, manufacturing, finance, operations, and HR. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from many experts across a number of functional and technical disciplines.
- Supports the validation of the technical prerequisites (software/hardware) of the solution and compliancy with PLM software
- Drive process alignment to a PLM technology and define and architect a solution during a PLM transformation program
- Installing, supporting, configuring, and maintaining the PLM applications software, 3rd party software needed, and all configurations
- Manage the versioning deployment of application into the production environment
- Supports the documentation of implementation plans, custom scripts, and system testing procedures
- Performs incident management, root cause analysis (system, network, application, software, usage-where applicable), and corrective actions
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Understanding of Oracle Process cloud service and experience with reports in Oracle Cloud
- Familiar with defining and documenting technical requirements, Configuration Specifications
- Built deployment
- Ensure performance, capacity, and scalability of the solution design
- Lead and drive workshop related to domain expertise such as security & compliance, cloud.
- Design and document the infrastructure blueprints for global PLM systems
- Develop the implementation plan for infrastructure architecture on basis of IT strategies and business requirements
- Translate business requirements into specific solutions, applications or process designs for projects.
- Support project management activities to control scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Collaborate on key initiatives to design, lead and implement special projects
- Foster the spirit of people development, collaboration, and continuous improvement consistent with company core values
- Create and monitor strategic metrics to support assessment of progress against the IT strategy, vision, and overall operations
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Engineering, or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in enterprise business application design and systems development, including implementation of enterprise PLM systems
- Minimum of 7 years of project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track record of managing technical staff
- Experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience with Oracle Agile or Siemens PLM
- Experience in the integration of Oracle PLM Cloud with external data sources such as ERP using OIC (Oracle Integration Cloud)
- Intellectual agility – the ability to learn and act on new information quickly and efficiently
- Able to challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communications including content creation through various mediums
- MS/MBA with 7+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of automotive/technology development, manufacturing operations, and industrial dynamics
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.