If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Power Electronics Engineer – Inverter is responsible for analysis, design, validation and troubleshooting of traction inverter components and assembly.
- Study and understand steady state and dynamic electrical and thermal characteristics of traction inverter system by modeling and validation
- Study and understand interactions between traction inverter and other powertrain subsystems by modeling and validation
- Troubleshoot and debug power electronics systems, failure analysis
- Design and implement validation plans for quantitative and statistical understanding of components and subsystem
- Design and document towards technical robustness such as Worst Case Analysis, Circuit Simulations, DFMEA, Functional Safety Analysis
- MS in electrical engineering plus 2 years’ work experience or equivalent
- Clear and effective communication and presentation skills of technical details and project management
- Experience with design and troubleshooting of circuit board and power stage design for high voltage power electronics systems based on IGBT or SiC MOSFET
- Experience with digital control implementations such as motor control
- Experience determining electrical and thermal stress of power electronics components
- Experience simulating circuit and physics models, using tools such as PLECS, Simulink, COMSOL, ANSYS
- Proficiency with programming for data processing
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.