If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Create detailed Test Plans and work with internal & external test labs and 3rd-party test suppliers to organize and execute all vehicle test activities
- Plan, Track, and Prioritize Test Schedules and the utilization of Test Resources, such as Test Vehicles, Manpower, and Test Equipment
- Create and automate KPI’s in order to report out weekly real-time test progress and identify areas of risk or lack of progress
- Manage all open Concerns discovered on test with the responsible Design Engineers until a design countermeasure is implemented
- Plan out re-test/validation activities of new design countermeasures by means of re-test, CAE simulation, or other means in order to close out open concerns prior to subsequent test phases
- Continuously Manage the vehicle validation test activities during the entire product design lifecycle from initial product concept to production launch
- Manage critical path timing of multiple tests in parallel to ensure completion on time and within budget
- Monitor and Track overall spend according to the approved Test Program Budget
- Create business justifications for test expenditures and generate Purchase Requisitions
- Oversee the implementation of an all new Test Lifecycle Management software tool
- BS in Engineering
- 4+ years of program management and/or test engineering experience
- Advanced skillset with MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Atlassian JIRA, and Siemens Polarion, and ability to quickly learn new program management software tools
- General knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with an understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle software controls
- Strong professional and technical competence in vehicle testing and validation methods
- Broad knowledge of creating and executing DVP&R’s
- Experience working with test teams, test labs, and facilities, with broad test industry contacts
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex scheduling and logistics problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to display a high level of maturity, work as a member of a small, nimble team, and work in a self-directed manner
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.