If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As a Senior Linux Kernel Engineer for Canoo, you will be setting the foundation for Canoo’s Connected Vehicle platform. You will be interacting with key members of the hardware and software teams to develop a world-class connectivity, user experience, and vehicle data solution. You will be expected to provide input on current and next-gen platforms.
- Define the hardware-software interactions for our Connected Vehicle Platforms
- Develop and bring up the system software stack that powers the connectivity & HMI for the vehicle
- Work with hardware and validation teams to ready the hardware / software platform for mass production
- Create innovative solutions to meet our product requirements
- Write well structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code
- Create tools that can be used to test & evaluate the performance of the platform
- 5+ years of experience developing Linux device drivers – e.g. USB, network, graphics, video, mtd, storage, power management
- Excellent C programming skills
- Experience with board bring-up for ARM or similar platforms
- Solid understanding of Linux kernel internals – e.g. scheduler, memory management, concurrency, file systems
- Experience with Modem Integration, Network Time synchronization, Realtime-Linux is a plus
- Shows creativity for solving problems
- Excellent communication skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.