If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The LV Devices Design Release Engineer will lead the development, sourcing and ensure the products satisfy all requirements for various low voltage devices, such as USB hubs, 12V power outlet, 110V power outlet and other devices, as necessary.
- Capture system requirements from all stakeholders and translate into a technical specification. Technical specification shall guide and glue together HW and SW requirements maintaining linkages to the system requirements
- Guide the documentation to support technical robustness of design (Worst Case Analysis, Circuit Simulations, DFMEA, Functional Safety Analysis)
- Working closely with all internal and external suppliers and groups to ensure a successful product launch
- Responsible for ensuring the component meets all technical, regulatory, and commercial requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the component completes all necessary test and validation steps
- Work with commercial teams (Programs, Supply Chain) to ensure cost targets and schedules are met to ensure compliance to overall company goals.
- Be the main technical point of contact between suppliers and all engineering disciplines.
- Work with test and validation team to verify functional operation to technical specification
- Work with all stakeholders to integrate final design in vehicle or subsystem
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans, including statistical confidence intervals
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Good communication with the rest of the organization when issues/failures arise
- BS/MS in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 2+ years of automotive DRE experience
- Experience with automotive electronics development standards
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- Familiarity with CAN, LIN, Ethernet communications and the tools used to interface with them
- Fundamental understanding of electronics, software, mechanical, and UI/UX considerations
- Hands-On experience working with electronic/electric systems and all traditional lab equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, Power Supplies)
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and drive to take ownership and deliver results
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.