If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Autonomous Driving Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing autonomous driving software features on our in vehicle ECUs.
- Implement the Autonomous driving features defined in the company master feature list
- Develop and implement a high efficiency software architecture on embedded systems
- Develops component technical specifications as well as statement of requirements as required
- Leads resolution of technical issues
- Intimate knowledge of hardware and software interfaces
- Optimize software performance on embedded systems
- Rapid prototyping and integration of AD features into our vehicle test fleet
- BS/MS/PhD in software engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of proven industry C/C++ and CUDA C/C++ programming experience with focus on linux and embedded environments.
- Worked with embedded SoCs like TI TDAx, Nvidia Tegra, Renesas V3x, Infineon AURIX, NXP MPC5xxxx
- Worked with RTOS such as QNX, FreeRTOS, Threadx
- Strong understanding of OS and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems (DDS, ROS, etc.)
- Experience in at least one: robotics research in motion planning and control, data analysis at scale, or machine learning at scale
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience in Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience in automotive network protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Familiar with Operating Systems concepts AUTOSAR, embedded linux, functional safety, ISO 26262.
- Experience with automotive electronic modules and sensors
- Experience in computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning (deep learning), artificial intelligence and image processing is a plus
- Experience with computational platforms for machine vision and sensor fusion is a plus
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.