If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for a motor calibration engineer with automotive experience and experience in motor controls related topics. The eDrive Calibration Lead will be responsible for leading the team of calibration engineers supporting multiple eDrive products. The team will work closely with controls engineers on the validation and optimization of in-house controls implementation. The Lead will develop processes and test procedures for the confirmation and release of code/calibration packages to vehicle programs. The team will support testing and development at the vehicle level and be front line for issue resolution related to eDrive products.
- Calibration procedure development
- Develop and/or improve test plans for the characterization and evaluation of the traction motor
- Product development and testing timeline planning with support from cross-functional hardware, controls, and software teams
- Testing and verification of motor control algorithms for electrical machines on dyno and in-vehicle
- Specify and plan installation of test equipment and facilities
- Implement scripts for automation of the dyno test procedures and a process to evaluate and document the results
- Provide feedback to the motor controls team and the motor design team based on obtained results
- Support debugging of software issues on the dyno and at vehicle level
- Support trouble shooting across all vehicle areas such as: Powertrain, Battery, Controls, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of traction inverter drives and electric motors including IPM, SPM, and IM
- Knowledge and some hands-on experience with field-oriented control for PM and/or IM
- Understanding of pulse width modulation (PWM) schemes like space vector PWM
- Knowledge of digital observers and filters
- Some hands-on experience with operating a dyno or equivalent test setup
- Basic knowledge of embedded C
- Comfortable with modeling, simulation and validation using tools like Matlab/Simulink
- Master's degree (or higher) in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with testing tools like model in the loop (MIL), software in the loop (SIL), hardware in the loop (HIL)
- Familiarity with position and speed measurement devices like resolvers and encoders
- Extensive experience with dyno testing of electric machines
- Experience with debugging tools like CANape and CANalyzer
- Good trouble shooting skills and understanding at the system level
- Experience with software tools like CCS or Eclipse and software management systems like GitHub and familiarity with software validation and release process
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and tools
- Good organizational, planning, communication, and documentation skills
- Effective team player with internal and external resources
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.