If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a "job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Own and develop phase gate approach incorporating best practices for a robust product development methodology to ensure flawless new product launch.
- Work with Engineering to develop all stages of process and product qualifications, validations, and product test methods
- Review and plant-approve all elements and documents associated with Design Control and Design Transfer into Production - Production Launch Process
- Develop and Manage Quality Planning activities via the use of Advanced Product Quality Planning methods
- Develop Process Flow, Potential failure mode and effect analysis, Control Plans, manufacturing capability study, Gage repeatability, and reproducibility studies
- Collaborate with quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design
- Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost-effective production
- Provide quality engineering support to engineering and manufacturing teams ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Lead Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring
- Support identification of Critical dimensions, Statistical tolerancing, and tolerance stack-ups
- Conduct CpK studies and reduce process variation in newly launched products
- Liaise with manufacturing, sales, supply chain, logistics, senior management & stakeholders on all new products being introduced to the business by providing the link to the customer expectation and warranty requirements
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in an automotive environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e., intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Proven track record of deploying Advanced product quality planning tools and successful product launches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including advanced data functions in Excel
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to collect and analyze data and present findings
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.