If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Senior Fabricator is a well-rounded professional that has many versatile skill sets but is highly skilled in metal fabrication, welding, sheet metal fabrication. As an ideal candidate, you are a self-starter as well as being a collaborative team-player. You must be safety oriented, maintain a very organized workspace, and be sufficient at self/time management.
- Can provide accurate time estimates to meet project requirements
- Will provide daily updates on current projects
- Anticipate project needs (material, equipment site coordination, etc.) and express them in advance
- Will regularly complete complex manual machining projects
- Will regularly complete fabrication tasks using light sheet metal to heavy structural steel including but not limited to cutting, grinding, shaping, polishing, and bending.
- Will regularly complete welding tasks on steel, stainless, and aluminum
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs unassisted
- Will regularly work closely with engineering staff to accommodate testing needs
- Occasionally perform basic woodworking tasks
- Occasionally trim/fit/bond composite materials
- Will operate heavy shop equipment
- Will operate a CNC plasma table
- 10+ years of fabrication/manual machining experience
- Must be able to read and work from engineering drawings, schematics, sketches, or verbal instructions and determine the most efficient ways to produce parts to specified tolerances
- Experience working with drill press, sheer, press brake, box/pan brake, pattern generation, sheet metal layout, iron worker, disc grinder, etc.
- Has experience with MIG and TIG welding processes: steel aluminum and stainless steels
- Has solid understanding of mechanical assemblies and experience with automotive assembly and disassembly
- Is proficient on both manual mills and manual lathes
- Has experience with composites and exposure to non-traditional types of manufacturing
- Handle all other related tasks as assigned by managers
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.