The Embedded Software Engineer will develop real time low level embedded software for power conversion systems and communications. This position will be responsible for the design and development of software for embedded control for Level 3 charging on the On Board Charger for Canoo’s electric vehicles.
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real-time software for the on-board charger ECU.
- Develop code for control algorithms and communication.
- Develop documentation and test plans for software.
- Investigate, debug and modify existing code.
- Work with HW engineers to test, debug and validate FW on bench.
- Develop standard and custom communication protocols for new systems.
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of embedded programming design experience in embedded systems.
- Fluent in C
- Proficient with micro-controller IDE design/development tools
- Thorough understanding of software development practices and associated tools
- Experience in real-time operating systems
- Understanding of AC-DC and DC-DC operation and digital control loops
- Ability to follow circuit schematics and PCB layout drawings.
- Experience in standard lab equipment such as power analyzer, oscilloscopes, frequency response analyzer to use for validating and debugging FW.
- Experience with ST 32-bit microcontroller platforms
- Experience developing device drivers, control systems, and communications protocols.
- Experience with CAN, SPI, I2C protocols
- Automotive experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of design for manufacturing, quality control, and FMEA