If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Develop technical specifications including sizing, temperature rating, and connector selections for HV cable and connection systems
- Work closely with cross-functional groups to ensure HV cable routings meet packaging requirements and have mounting provisions in vehicle environment
- Create, route, and maintain HV cable assemblies in vehicle environment using CATIA V6
- Create, select, and position clips, brackets, protective sleeves, etc. to support HV cables and connectors using CATIA V6
- Create and release 2D drawings of HV Cable assemblies
- Create and release 3D CAD and 2D drawings of any required brackets as necessary
- Generate RFQ packages for sourcing new HV cable assemblies to Tier 1 suppliers.
- Manage supplier for delivery of parts and proper execution of design validation, process validation, and DFMEA
- Ensure critical program milestones including design reviews and MRD dates are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (any package)
- 2+ years of experience working with cable systems in electric vehicles
- 2+ years of hands-on, detailed product design experience
- Clear understanding of basic design principles for injection molding, die cast, and stamped parts
- Proficiency in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with creating DV test plans, component technical specifications, and DFMEAs
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards
- Ability to work in a startup landscape
- Proficient in CATIA V6 (Part Design, Assembly Design, Generative shape design and ELG workbenches)
- Experience with USCAR standards
- 1+ years of experience working with high voltage cable systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio
- Experience working at automotive supplier or OEM
- Has developed and shipped high voltage EV components from concept to production
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.