If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Work with the NVH team to set subjective & objective targets and establish test and analysis methods, both at the component level and the vehicle level
- Work with other engineering teams (e.g., Body, Skateboard, Powertrain, Electrical) to review targets and guide design changes to achieve the required NVH performance
- Deliver the required NVH performance while balancing aggressive cost and mass targets
- Create detailed test plans and work internally or externally (with suppliers) to organize and execute testing through to completion
- Perform appropriate NVH Tests to understand / evaluate the issues being investigated
- Prepare reports that provide in depth analysis but provide concise summaries with clear recommendations, especially if design changes are required
- Create and manage all applicable concerns with the responsible Design Engineers, providing countermeasures and performing validation tests (via CAE simulation, or other means) in order to close out open concerns
- Manage critical path timing of multiple tests to ensure completion on time and within budget
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of NVH Test Engineering experience
- Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with detailed understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
- Strong professional and technical competence in vehicle testing and validation methods
- Excellent communicator, collaborator, team player, and problem solver
- Experience with JIRA / Concern systems and MS office software
- Previous experience taking a vehicle from concept to production
- Solid subjective evaluation skills to evaluate sound quality and vibration tactile feedback (from seat, steering wheel, etc.) and the ability to take this and champion the “voice of the customer”
- Experience and competency with various NVH acquisition and analysis tools (such as Siemens LMS) and NVH Sensors and advanced instrumentation (microphones, accelerometers, pressure transducers, strain gauges etc.)
- Sound NVH test / development experience with component, sub-systems, systems & vehicles
- Knowledge of key vehicle NVH related sources, paths and NVH enablers to address them (powertrain, thermal systems, body / skateboard structure, noise leak paths)
- Knowledge of NVH relating to manufacturing / processes and EOL testing
- Knowledge of creating and executing DVP&R’s
- Experience working at various test labs and facilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, displays a high level of maturity, ability to work as a member of a small nimble team, and ability to work in a self-directed manner
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.