Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
CAE Durability engineer will be responsible for the vehicle durability simulations by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
CAE techniques with component, system and full vehicle models to assess
performance in Durability, Stiffness, and Strength attributes
mass for vehicle systems including BIW / Closures / Powertrain and Chassis
and maintain the vehicle durability model
process analysis results and make design recommendation to multi-disciplinary
component, sub-systems and vehicle testing to correlate CAE models
with suppliers / test vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of CAE durability analysis experience in automotive industry
- Highly skilled in “hands on” CAE model development using HyperMesh / ANSA
- Expert in linear / non-linear FE solvers such as NASTRAN / Optistruct / ABAQUS / LS-Dyna
- Strong understanding on the solid mechanics and materials. Material characterization experience is a plus
- Practical experience in fatigue calculation tools such as nCode / FeSafe. Random Vibration analysis experience is preferred
- Structural Optimization experience in Topology / Size / Shape optimization using Optistruct / Genesis
- Experience in durability test planning for vehicle level tests such as 4-poster / RLDA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis results in a tight schedule within a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Aluminum structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred
- Experience with Battery structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.