If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Senior Interior Headliner/Floor Engineer is responsible for the overall design and development of the complete Headliner/Floor Systems for Canoo current and future programs.
- Establish Headliner/Floor system architecture and functional feasibility
- Participate in iterative process with Canoo styling studio to deliver optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design
- Conduct supplier meetings to ensure product design integrity and conformance to the statement of the requirements to meet vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Responsible for design releases/signoff
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within the Canoo Vehicle Integration, Studio, Body, Restraints, Thermal, Interior and Manufacturing to ensure Headliner/Floor System manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Develop and manage system, subsystem, and component information through the Catia V6 environment
- Achieve customer driven (end user) system targets for luxury, function, cost and weight
- Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program
- Responsible for technical documentation to include Subsystem Technical Specifications, Functional requirments, Boundary & P-Diagrams, Interface Matrix, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s, ISO26262
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree is a plus)
- 15+ years experience in automotive engineering
- 8+ years of firsthand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching Interior systems into Production.
- Strong understanding of the requirements of Headliner/Floor systems – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
- Great attitude, and aptitude for quick accurate problem solving
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.