If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As an Engineer in the Exteriors team, you will be working on Mirrors and other trim components. You will work with cross functional teams, studio, and suppliers to deliver a high-quality system that meets vehicle durability, craftsmanship and regulatory requirement while meeting the system cost and mass targets.
- Concept, feasibility, and development of outside mirrors, and class A trim components etc., to deliver a high-quality product.
- Layout and Packaging within vehicle architecture.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to understand and work around package requirements and limitations, ergonomics, manufacturability, etc.
- Component and system level GD&T, at a minimum 1D stack analysis.
- Develop, manage, and maintain technical documentation like DVP and DFMEA, Component and System Technical Specifications.
- Maintain and track open items, design iterations, cost, and timing impacts, from early concept stage to production in the most effective way.
- Develop the commodities to meet regulatory and performance requirements for global markets, while maintaining balance between cost, function, and form.
- Construct 2D layouts, 3D parametric models, 2D drawings and 3D annotations for components and systems.
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
- Design and engineer commodity with an approach of build to print.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience designing parts using injection molding, thermoforming or compression molding techniques utilizing a variety of material.
- Expertise in CATIA V5/V6 is a must.
- Automotive engineering experience of working on exterior trim, using CATIA V5 / V6.
- Ability to read and draft 2D dwgs, 3D annotations.
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, and ability to perform GD&T.
- Experience of developing and managing DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
- Experience of working from concept to launch on at least two automotive programs.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.