If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for mechanical component development and validation of cutting edge electric vehicle power electronics.
- Drive design focused on performance, system mass, efficiency, NVH, durability, and thermal
- Design, validate, and integrate components into the vehicle and surrounding sub-systems
- Select and collaborate directly with component suppliers, setting requirements and quality standards
- Define test conditions, and pass/fail criteria for sub-systems as well as completed system
- Correlate life testing to life predictions, refining analysis/models collaborating with CAE engineers
- Post process test results, identify root-cause of potential issues and make design recommendations to meet the highest level of durability, efficiency and performance for Canoo vehicles
- Support vehicle testing to correlate to bench/dyno testing
- Detailed 2D drawings with GD&T
- Create assembly build instructions for manufacturing team / partners
- Work with all vehicle teams to iterate packaging concepts
- Work with suppliers to implement DFM feedback as required
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of Automotive powertrain development and validation experience, including rotating component, housing, electric machine, and NVH disciplines
- First-hand experience on development and validation of electric drive unit components and assemblies from prototype into production scenarios
- Strong understanding of mechanical and thermal physics
- Experience of Test-Simulation correlation in the component / sub-system / models
- Strong communication skills and experience with presenting results and recommendations to multidisciplinary teams
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in electric vehicle power electronics, including traction inverter
- Experience preparing test articles, collaborating with testing resources to complete DVP&R activities
- Experience in structural and analysis methods and tools such as Optistruct / HyperMesh / HyperView / Abaqus
- Experience with CATIA V6/3D experience
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience but not limited to steel and aluminum structure
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
- Team building and mentoring experience
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.