If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be a technical liaison between Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to monitor Advanced Quality Planning, PPAP approval, resolve quality issues, implement, and provide technical support.
- Review / audit supplier’s manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system or other technical support as required
- Assure supplier understanding of product and PPAP submission requirements
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
- Lead weekly supplier meetings and supplier adherence to the Canoo APQP process
- Discuss part critical characteristics and required process controls
- Review tool, fixture and part design
- Work with different tiers to assure deliverables are met
- Communicate urgent issues to Supplier Quality Leadership
- Monitor supplier performance (KPI for Quality, including PPM and SCAR)
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, quality or engineering in an automotive or related environment
- Bachelor degree or higher with a major in engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of TS / ISO Quality System standards
- Knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP requirements including FMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, R@R, SPC, MSA, Capacity Analysis, GR&R
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Ability to support Design reviews with good understanding of GD&T and Key Characteristics (Safety / Critical Characteristics)
- Ability to work with and develop quality performance metrics (i.e. FTQ, scrap rate, PPM, OTD, Efficiency)
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Experience in new vehicle development and launch activities
- Remain engaged, proactive, Work efficiently and productively in independent and team setting
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.