If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Configure, set-up, and maintain test vehicle fleet for safe operation
- Install instrumentation and data acquisition tools onto test vehicles, create custom fixtures as needed to install sensors and test equipment
- Conduct driving test maneuvers according to test procedures and log test data
- Perform vehicle inspections post-test and conduct vehicle teardowns at the conclusion of durability testing
- Root Cause, document and report any issues discovered during testing or while performing vehicle inspections and report to test engineers and/or design engineers directly
- Provide daily written and verbal test vehicle status updates
- Support general vehicle testing activities such as Regulatory, Performance, Strength, Abuse, Durability, and Reliability Tests
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with an understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
- Ability to operate diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment tools
- Ability to instrument vehicles with various Data Acquisition tools and Sensors
- Hands-on ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and vehicle workshop tools in servicing automobiles
- Ability to work as a member of a small nimble team and work in a self-directed manner
- Must be able to manage changing priorities and balance workload
- Maintain a professional appearance of both self and workspace within a vehicle workshop
- Automotive Technical degree preferred such as an associate degree in automotive technology or having multiple ASE certifications
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an automotive technician
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.