If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Design and development of Closures-in-White systems along with hinges to meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight, performance)
- Develop alternative engineer solutions for design themes including hinge axis, cutlines, sealing flange development and provide feedback to design team
- Work on cross-functional teams (Studio, Manufacturing, BIW) to develop efficient designs and leading the integration of interfacing components
- Interact with CAE team, interpreting results and leading countermeasures to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection and Fatigue requirements
- Development of DFMEA, DVP&Rs and GD&T documentation
- Manage deliverables for all program milestones including cost, mass and timing
- Support testing and launch activities including development and execution of tests to support development
- Associates Degree with 10+ years industry experience
- 3+ years designing of Closures-in-White systems
- Experience developing closures systems from initial concept through launch including sliding door systems and liftgates
- Knowledge of CIW construction solutions including Stamping, Extrusions, Roll Forms, Forgings and Castings along with corresponding design practices
- Experience with multi material construction (AHSS, UHSS, Aluminum and composites)
- Knowledge of joining technologies including Self-Piercing Rivets, Resistance Welding, Arc Welding and Bonding
- Development of complex 3D CAD including Surfacing in Catia V5 or V6 along with release and PLM experience
- Working well in cross-functional groups under pressure to develop optimal solutions for the vehicle
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- CAD Capability: Minimum 10+ years Catia V5 experience (creating CIW or BIW designs or concepts), preferably from concept phase through launch
- CAE simulation experience is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.