If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The CAE Engineer – Skateboard and Cabin Structure will play a pivotal role in the development of Canoo’s unique Skateboard and Cabin structures. This person will be responsible for the vehicle CAE simulation including, but not limited to crash safety/structural durability and other load cases to enable Canoo’s skateboard and cabin to meet the highest level of performance standards in the industry.
- This person should be a multi-player: Need to understand the overall vehicle structural requirements and apply the latest advanced FE methods and simulation techniques to create structural designs considering crash safety/vehicle durability and other load cases
- Highly skilled in “hands-on” CAE model building and debugging the state-of-art CAE models in LS-Dyna / Optistruct
- Set up boundary conditions and barriers for the load cases (including but not limited to FMVSS, USNCAP, Euro NCAP, IIHS, and due-care conditions for EV battery structures) and perform simulations
- Post process the results and make design recommendations
- Optimize the structural performances by considering vehicle structural architecture and packaging of key components using tools such as LS-OPT/LS-TaSC/HyperStudy/Optistruct
- Collaborate with test engineering team to develop and support subsystem level and full vehicle crash/durability tests
- Perform detailed post-test analysis and correlate CAE simulations to test results
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of automotive industry CAE experience in Crash
- Vehicle durability experience is highly desired
- At least a full cycle of vehicle development experience, including CAE prediction/physical test correlation/countermeasure development is highly desired
- Expert in LS-Dyna (explicit and implicit), Optistruct solvers and ANSA, Primer, HyperMesh, HyperView, HyperGraph, and META as pre-post processors
- In-depth understanding of explicit and implicit solver, element formulation, and material characterization
- Sound understanding of the various regulations and their evaluation criteria
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on challenging projects under extremely tight schedule
- Deep knowledge of EV and automotive structures
- Track record of successful cross-functional teamwork
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.