Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
CAE Engineer – NVH will be responsible for vehicle NVH simulations, participate in defining the vehicle architecture from concept to detailed design by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
- Full vehicle NVH model building and maintain models including BiW / Suspension / Powertrain / Steering
- Conduct all levels of NVH analyses including, but not limited to, modal analysis / dynamic stiffness analysis / NTF / ACF / TPA for BiW / trimmed body / full vehicle to address noise issues originated from various sources of the vehicles such as PT noise / drive line unbalance / wheel tire unbalance / road shake and noise
- Post process the results, identify root-cause of the issues and make design recommendation to meet the highest level of NVH performances for Canoo vehicles
- Define the vehicle structural architecture and support the packaging of key components for optimize the crash performance
- Optimize the structure from concept to detailed design for mass and NVH performance
- Evaluate the body structure stiffness and dynamic stiffness, trim body in white and perform acoustic sensitivity studies
- Support mass evaluations, trade-off studies and concept studies
- Support component, sub-systems and vehicle physical testing to correlate the CAE model
- Collaborate with vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of the model
- Develop specifications of component performance, performed testing and development of vehicle
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of CAE NVH experience
- Highly skilled in “hands on” NVH development
- First-hand experience on developing vehicle structure from concept to launch
- Strong understanding of physical hardware and its CAE representation
- Proven expertise in structural and vibro-acoustic analysis methods such as Modal Alignment / NTF / ACF / TPA and FEA tools such as NASTRAN / Optistruct / HyperMesh / NVH Director / HyperView / ANSA / META or equivalents
- Experience of Test-Simulation correlation in the component / sub-system / vehicle level NVH models
- Understanding of various BiW manufacturing process and NVH design best practices
- Experience but not limited to steel and aluminum structure
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis results in a tight schedule within a collaborative team environment
- High attention to detail
- Creative mindset with the ability to create practical work-around solutions when necessary
- Open-minded with a desire and aptitude to work in a team environment with individuals having diverse backgrounds and experience
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.