We’re looking for a Senior Thermal and HVAC Controls Engineer with extensive experience in both MATLAB / Simulink controls development and full vehicle level thermal management / HVAC systems to join a dynamic, Southern California start-up company.
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Key backgrounds of interest:
· Extensive experience developing HVAC and thermal management control algorithms for passenger vehicles, from initial concept through implementation (EV-specific experience preferred)
· Extensive experience using MATLAB / Simulink / Stateflow for control algorithm development
· Extensive experience in hybrid/electric vehicle thermal management and HVAC systems
· Experience with selection and implementation of application-specific automotive communication protocols, including CAN, LIN, and XCP
· Bachelor’s Degree (higher degrees preferred) in CS, engineering or equivalent
· 10+ years in the automotive product development and or technology industry, startup experience is a plus!
· Extensive experience with log file analysis and root cause identification of software bugs in vehicle
· Experience with software development and data analysis tools including CANape, CANalyzer, VSignalyzer, JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Polarion
· Knowledge of classic and modern control techniques including PID controller, State Space Observer, etc.
· Knowledge of vapor-compression refrigeration cycles
· Be a proven thinker
· Be willing to challenge and be challenged to drive innovation
· Have a fearless can-do attitude!
· Oversee the design, development, implementation, testing, and calibration of thermal controls algorithms for an electric vehicle
· Interface with cross-functional teams to define thermal system control strategy and requirements
· Simulation of electric vehicle thermal systems model for attribute estimation and controls development
· Develop test plans to validate thermal control software using in-vehicle testing
What's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.