Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Displays Engineer is responsible for delivering a fully validated display and control system for a production vehicle program.
- Define and execute elegant infotainment solutions in collaboration with design, vehicle hardware/software development, and manufacturing teams
- Define critical metrics for components and system integration including image quality, visibility, thermal/environmental performance, electrical interfaces, packaging, etc.
- Capture infotainment requirements in System and Component Technical Specifications
- Develop and maintain the electrical system configuration
- Contribute to vehicle behaviors, vehicle attributes, HARA and functional safety, regulatory requirements, quality requirements, hardware requirements, wire harness design, DFEMA, DVP etc.
- Creative problem solving to ensure optimal functionality and packaging for infotainment solutions
- Define/perform required testing and failure analysis and review results from vendors and cross-functional teams
- Manage infotainment suppliers as a primary technical contact
- Knowledge of Automotive Display technology and trends
- High level of proficiency with PCB layout and developing electrical schematics
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and project management
- Knowledge of design and validation requirements for common digital interfaces
- Experience engaging with international supply chains
- 3+ years of experience with electrical system architecture design
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling
- BS in Electrical Engineering. MS preferred
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.