If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As a Senior Engineer in the Exteriors team, you will work on the development of the Front End and will be responsible for delivering front end structural components, front end module, structural and integral brackets, frunk, and other trim panels. You will collaborate with other stakeholders to deliver a system that meets vehicle durability, craftsmanship and all regulatory requirements.
- Concept, feasibility, and development of front end module, structural components, frunk, and other trim panels to deliver a world class and high-quality product.
- Layout and Packaging within vehicle architecture.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to understand and work around package requirements and limitations, ergonomics, manufacturability, etc.
- Component and system level GD&T, at a minimum 1D stack analysis.
- Develop, manage, and maintain technical documentation like DVP and DFMEA, Component and System Technical Specifications.
- Maintain and track open items, iterations, cost and timing impacts from concept to production in the most effective way.
- Develop the commodities to meet all regulatory requirements and find the right balance between weight, cost and performance targets to meet vehicle requirements.
- Design and engineer commodity with an approach of build to print.
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience designing parts using injection molding, thermoforming or compression molding techniques utilizing a variety of material.
- Expertise in CATIA V5/V6.
- Automotive engineering experience of working on Fascia system, using CATIA V5 / V6.
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience of developing and managing DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
- Experience of working from concept to launch on at least two automotive programs.
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.