Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Operations Controller is a key member of the Finance team, serving as a ‘business partner’ to the manufacturing team and as the financial link to Canoo’s Contract Manufacturing partner. They will serve as the source for all periodic and ad-hoc reporting on operations performance, CapEx investment, inventory management, direct labor cost, and indirect labor. Their work will be the basis for Canoo’s forecasts and future budgets, and they will be responsible for challenging their teams to improve performance through ongoing analysis of the risks and opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a professional who is comfortable with uncertainty and risk, but willing to go above and beyond to drive new business opportunities. They will also be a detail-oriented, data-driven bulldog who knows when to step back and assess the big picture and strategic elements of proposals. They will have an open-minded catalyst for change and improvement who is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment.
- Monthly Dashboard publishing financial metrics, including:
- Actuals vs. Budget, and Forecast
- BOM Cost
- Direct Hourly Cost
- Indirect Cost
- Will need to “walk” results from one period to another, explaining and justifying changes in key metrics, as requested by leadership
- Full assessment of all potential risks and opportunities facing their assigned programs, from both external/market factors and internal decisions
- Control all manufacturing-related spending by validating all requests for capital and operating expenses
- Support FP&A activity as needed with ad-hoc analyses
- Validate projected results against actual values from Accounting as needed
- Support “Make vs Buy” analyses to determine best source for assemblies and vehicle components
- Develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including inventory control and supply chain
- At least 7 years of experience in manufacturing financial control
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or engineering
- Experience in modeling or analysis in Excel, SQL databases, or similar tools
- Previous experience in Automotive or other manufacturing organizations
- Work experience within automotive manufacturing finance function
- Experience with Oracle cloud, or other enterprise resource planning (ERP) databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- Ability to relocate is preferred. Remote work may be possible during manufacturing construction phase, but ability to relocate to the Netherlands or Oklahoma is necessary by end of 2022
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of working time
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.