If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
If you are passionate about your work making a real difference, and you want to help create the future of mobility alongside world-class teams pushing the envelope of what’s possible with electric vehicles, we’re looking for an outstanding NVH CAE engineer. Our growing NVH team seeks a highly motivated, well-rounded individual with a minimum of 5 years of applied industry experience in CAE simulation with an NVH focus. At Canoo you’ll be strongly encouraged to come up with inventive ideas and push for technical excellence in your team and from those around you, and, most of all, you’ll see your ideas come to life in our products faster than you thought possible
- Take a leading role in constructing and developing NVH models using CAE tools, for applications ranging from the component level up to the system/sub-system and vehicle level
- Help drive continuous improvement in accuracy, process, and methodology - scripting and automating where possible to streamline the CAD-to-X and FEA-to-X pipelines
- Undertake a wide range of structural, aero-structural, and acoustic behavior analysis
- Work with design and development engineers across a wide range of teams to help set targets and expectations, and then drive design improvements and optimization to meet or exceed NVH attributes
- Help develop and define NVH strategies that you will simulate and then correlate with the outputs of physical test activities that you will help plan and assist with – we do not want our CAE engineers to exist in a bubble separate from test activities!
- Identify issues and propose mitigation strategies based on simulation – we need someone who can propose creative and insightful solutions, not just go through the motions
- Prepare and deliver regular reporting for different audiences, ranging from colleagues to managers to upper management – post-processing visuals and data and distilling into the right information for the right people
- Collaborate across teams (in particular powertrain, thermal, chassis, and exteriors) to assist other design and CAE engineers in problem solving and analysis
- Minimum Master's in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience related to Finite Element Analysis in the automotive NVH realm (Nastran, Hyperworks a bonus) and related numerical methods
- Demonstrated strong fundamental knowledge of structural mechanics and practical structural design; bonus if you also have expertise with fluid-structure interaction
- Proven analysis skills relating to component, system, and full vehicle issues – demonstrated depth of knowledge of NVH modes, requirements, test procedures, and simulation best practices
- Be an excellent manager of your time, and an organized individual comfortable with dynamic documentation and issue tracking to timely completion of tasks on tight deadlines (experience with JIRA, Polarion, and/or similar software a bonus)
- Highly proficient with CAD, and meshing in ANSA or similar - experience with Catia V5/6 preferred but not essential
- Preferred – demonstrated coding skills in Matlab and/or Python for data analysis
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.